(Answers at the bottom of the page.)
1. A certain large animal lives happily and thrives here on Earth.
One day, every single one of these critters is wiped out by a
mysterious disease which affects only this particular animal.
There are none left anywhere on earth — they are all gone.
About a year or so later, they begin to reappear on Earth again.
How can this be?
2. What is represented by this BrainBat?
3. I am never the first to speak but I am always the last to be heard.
Who am I?
4. What do these words have in common?:
age, blame, curb, dance, evidence, fence, gleam, harm, interest, jam, kiss, latch, motion, nest, order, part, quiz, rest, signal, trust, use, view, win, x-ray, yield, zone?
5.An old farmer died and left 17 cows to his three sons. In his will, the farmer stated that his oldest son should get 1/2, his middle son should get 1/3, and his youngest son should get 1/9 of all the cows. The sons, who did not want to end up with half cows, sat for days trying to figure out how many cows each of them should get.
One day, their neighbour came by to see how they were doing after their father’s death. The three sons told him their problem. After thinking for a while, the neighbour said: “I’ll be right back!” He went away, and when he came back, the three sons could divide the cows according to their father’s will, and in such a way that each of them got a whole number of cows.
What was the neighbour’s solution?
6. What loses a head in the morning, but gains a head at night?
7. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?
8. This old tested to tease puzzle is attributed to Einstein.
There are 5 houses in 5 different colours. In each house lives a person of a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet.Using the clues below can you determine
who owns the fish?
The Dane drinks tea.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Brit lives in a red house.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The green house owner drinks coffee.
The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man living in the house right in the middle drinks milk.
The man who smokes Blend lives next door to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next door to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.
9. A man died and went to Heaven. There were thousands of other people there. They were all naked and all looked as they died at the age of 21. He looked around to see if there was anyone he recognized. He saw a couple and he knew immediately that they were Adam and Eve.
How did he know?
10. If you had only one match, on a freezing winter day, and you entered a room which contained a lamp, a kerosene heater, and a wood burning stove, which should you light first?
1. The animal is the Mule. Since all Mules are born sterile, you can only get a Mule by crossing a donkey with a horse. That is how the species is able to repopulate itself.
3. AN ECHO
4. All the words can be used both as VERBS & NOUNS.
5. The neighbour borrowed an extra cow, to make the total number of cows 18.
Then the oldest son got 1/2 of 18 is 9 cows,
the middle son got 1/3 of 18 is 6 cows,
and the youngest son got 1/9 of 18 is 2 cows.
Since 9+6+2 = 17, the borrowed cow was left over, and the neighbour returned it to the owner.
6. A pillow
7. They were all invented by women.
8. The German owns the fish
Norwegain – Yellow – water – Dunhill – cats
Dane – Blue – tea – Blend – horses
Brit – Red – milk – Pall Mall – birds
German – Green – coffee – Prince – fish
Swede – White – beer – Blue Master – dogs
9. He recognized Adam and Eve as the only people without navels.
Because they were not born of women, they had never had umbilical cords, and therefore they never had navels.
10. The match.